SUMMER SAFETY SUGGESTIONS:
- Hydrate more often to maintain your general health.
- Eat in season fruits and vegetables for proper vitamin replacement and to maintain energy.
- Avoid the hottest time of the day to exercise or work in the yard.
- Use sunblock to protect your skin.
- Wear sunglasses to protect your eyes.
- Wash your hands often to avoid spreading germs.
- Refrigerate food promptly to avoid bacteria growth.
FALL FITNESS FACTS:
- Dress in layers to accommodate the changing temps.
- Wear shoes with good tread to avoid slipping on wet leaves.
- Drink plenty of water to help your system keep you cool on the warm days and warm on the cool days.
- Enjoy the colors of the leaves, especially the yellow. It is a healing color.
- Replenish your medicine cabinet with fresh cold and flu meds before you get sick.
- Get your flu shot as soon as possible if you are getting one.
- Maintain an active lifestyle – maybe take a walk in the mall if the weather is too cold.
- Plan ahead for more indoor activities – reading, knitting, painting, and ceramics. What is your hobby?
- Prepare your car and home for the winter now. Do you know where your snow brush is?